We are currently accepting membership applications. Applicants must be experienced metalworkers who can use studio equipment safely, without direct supervision. Joining the Guild is a multi-step process, including working on your own project for ten sessions in the metalworking studio.
Benefits of membership:
• Use the Metalworkers Guild's fully-equipped studio for individual projects.
• Exhibit your work and offer it for sale in the spacious Parsons Gallery during the Guild’s Annual Exhibition and other invitational exhibits, as well as in other locations.
• Sell your work in the summer Artisans Market and the December Holiday Marketplace as well as in the Back Door Gallery.
• Automatically receive membership in NARM, North American Reciprocal Museums, which offers benefits such as free admission and member discounts at museum shops at over 600 museums in the U.S., over 30 in Massachusetts.
• Receive discounts on classes and workshops.
• Receive discounts at quality retailers.
• Increase exposure of your art through the LACS website and social media.
• Participate in Lexington Open Studios at LACS.
• Receive Society and Guild newsletters with updated information on our programs, shows and events.
• Access Guild and Society libraries and resources.
• Be invited, along with a guest, to attend the popular Holiday Marketplace Preview Party and advance sale.
• Make lasting friendships with other artists who share your enthusiasm and desire to explore a variety of techniques and materials.
To apply for membership in the Metalworkers Guild and LACS:
• Contact the Guild by email or call the office to express your interest in the Guild.
• Request an application packet from the LACS Office.
• Complete and submit the application form.
• Attend a brief orientation session.
• Pay Society and Guild membership dues.